Rutter Inc. has released the latest update to the Rutter sigma S6 product line, version 9.2.0. This new version is being released for general availability this week. It is also available as an upgrade on existing systems for qualifying customers.
Rutter’s proprietary radar data processing system interprets data from both conventional marine navigational and coastal surveillance radars, providing enhanced radar imagery and state of the art detection, tracking, and measurement capabilities. The sigma S6 suite includes the sigma S6 Ice NavigatorTM, sigma S6 Small Target Surveillance, sigma S6 Oil Spill Detection system, and sigma S6 WaMoS® II Wave and Surface Current system.
Rutter’s sigma S6 version 9.2.0 includes several enhancements, including:
- Short term leasing of additional capabilities for existing sigma S6 systems
- Navigational chart overlay support
- Color radar display providing enhanced visual distinction of potential hazards
- Enhanced vessel motion compensation
- Proprietary Adaptive Sensitivity Time Control, improving near-range target detection
- Enhanced target detection system for better detecting of smaller and fast moving targets
- Image compression for sigma S6 Connect remote access, reducing bandwidth requirements
- Mandarin Chinese (Simplified) language graphical user interface support (other languages to follow)
- Integration of sigma S6 SeaFusion into base sigma S6 systems, reducing the required hardware footprint on-board vessels
- Closest Point of Approach (CPA) and Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) support
- Numerous other feature and general maintenance improvements
Rutter president, Fraser Edison, commented: “sigma S6 version 9.2.0 is the result of numerous consultations with Rutter’s customer base. This step forward in the evolution of Rutter’s industry-leading technology is one we are confident will bring significant value to our users.”
Rutter Inc. is an enterprise focused on providing innovative technologies and engineering solutions. Rutter’s global network supplies technologies to improve efficiency and safety in the marine, defense, transportation, oil and gas sectors from its headquarters in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
For further information, contact:
Vice President, Rutter Inc.
+1 (709) 697-0439